Dr. Debarka Mukhopadhyay
Dean (In-charge) Research
Vision and Mission
The Nodal Research Group, DIATM will create an outstanding climate of support for institute researchers and students.
To enable the achievement of excellence by the research community, the Nodal Research Group (NRG):
- Partners with the research community to create a culture of high achievement
- Promotes shared responsibility, the ethical conduct of research, and compliance
- Enhances researchers’ abilities to obtain and manage grants
- Strategically invests in promising research and researchers
- Creates integrated services, transparent research administration, infrastructure, and streamlined processes
- Advocates for the needs of the institute research community
- Broadens awareness of the value of interdisciplinary research
- Develops strong relationships with sponsors.
- Enhances the ability to perform research in a global community
- Supports strong infrastructure for interdisciplinary research
Research Values and Guiding Principles
- NRG is committed to treating each other, our process partners and others we work with, as valued colleagues, guided by open communication, collaboration, partnership, integrity and respect in order to achieve our common goals.
- NRG is committed to providing a culture of continuous learning for all academicians and the campus at large to foster a high level of expertise and provide the tools necessary for high performance.
- NRG encourages innovation, reflective thinking, flexibility and adaptability in our approaches to our work, in alignment with our mission to create client-centered services.
- NRG makes our decisions with openness and honesty, and to enhance the value of the organization campus-wide.
- NRG promotes responsible research practices in alignment with ethical principles and compliance regulations.
- NRG encourages and promotes open communication both within the institute and with process partners and campus.
- NRG builds strong relationships with existing and potential sponsors
- NRG joins our research community in communicating the benefits of research to the state community, the nation and the world.
- NRG values and welcomes a diversity of staff, as an organization that is enriched by a multitude of perspectives and experiences.
- NRG is committed to developing a range of resources and strategies designed to provide the highest level of quality services possible to the research community that positions the institute research program for a successful future.
- NRG sees our role in the future of the institute as making it easier for researchers to carry out their research by being responsive, proactive and innovative
- NRG is committed to supporting the research effort at the institute, balancing service and compliance in a mutually beneficial approach.
Strategic Goals and Objectives
- NRG provides exceptional research administrative services while effectively managing risks and opportunities
- NRG develops strategies and a plan for open and clear communication
- NRG tries to improve access to key information
- NRG tries to improve researcher productivity and satisfaction by reducing administrative burden
- NRG tries to decrease barriers to collaboration