The central Library, DIATM is housed in an area of about 13815 sq. ft., and organized into various sections, in a separate building, which are maintained by professionally qualified and skilled staff.
We have rich collection around 35,000 volumes in Engineering with around 3,500 titles. All the books are classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification & arranged in the classified order on shelves and are catalogued according to AACR II . The library is fully automated with library software with BAR CODEING facilities. To keep its readers up to date with the latest developments in Engineering and Technology, the library is subscribing to 54 National and 23 International Journals in Print form. We are maintaining the Book bank system.
The library provides both demanding and anticipatory library services to the users. The services provided are:
- Library timing : 9.00 am to 6.00pm
- OPAC Service: The bibliographical information of library are made available through OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). The basic searches like author, title, author & title, keyword, publisher, subject heading, call no. etc are introduced.
- Digital Library Service : Library has a separate digital Library . Apart from books it has a collection CD’s & DVD’s, and E-journals
- Newspaper Clipping Service: Latest news is preserved in the library in the form of clippings.
- Referral Service : Referral service is also provided by Professionally Qualified staff of library.
- Cataloguing Service : All the books are catalogued according to AACR –II using libsys library software.
- Lending service: Books are issued to all students and faculty of the institute. The numbers of books issued are based on the category of the user. Students can keep the books for 15 days against the library membership card.
- Reading facility: All time. Separate reading room for students and staff & faculties.
- Reference service: Reference service is provided for queries from the available reference sources.
- Current awareness service (CAS): This service is provided through the display of new books in new arrivals rack.
- Book bank service: Library has a separate book bank section. The undergraduates are issued five/ six books from this section for the whole semester.
- Photocopying service: Journal articles and other materials that are not lent out can be photocopied for a nominal charge.
- Inter library loan service: Books/journal articles that are not available in our library can be procured from DELNET or other college libraries of the RAHUL FOUNDATION.
- Newspaper service: Library subscribes 05 daily newspapers for the benefit of its users.
- Question paper service: Question papers of all the engineering examination are collected for the benefit of students.
- Internet service: Students can use internet for accessing the online sources for up to date information.
|Total Area||13815 sq. ft.|
|1||Total No. of Volumes||34926|
|2||Total No. of title||3474|
|3||E-Resources||J-GATE: Engineering & Technology, Informatics Publishing Ltd.|
|4||Digital library||Internet access for using e-journals, web information , articles, publications, etc.|
Our Human Resources
|Surajit Sarkar||Asst. Librarian|
|Sannyasi Ghosh||Library Assistant|
|Subhas Chandra Gorai||Library Assistant|
|Naba Kumar Pal||Library Assistant|