Candidates seeking admission in the Institute are required to pass Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination of W.B Council of Higher Secondary Education or any other recognized Board or University. In all B.Tech courses 80% students of approved intake capacity will be admitted on the basis of merit position secured by the candidate in the Joint Entrance Examination of the State. Students on the basis of merit position in All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) may also be admitted up to 10% of total intake. Diploma Holders in Engineering / Technology qualifying in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry (JELET) are eligible on the basis of merit position for admission in the 3rd semester (2nd year) of B.Tech course. Candidate should satisfy the stipulated standard of physical fitness with good mental and physical health.
Documents required at the time of admission
- Photographs : 08 (Eight) Copies colour Passport Size & 08 (Eight) Copies colour Stamp Size
- WBJEE/JEEMAIN Rank Card (Original).
- Admit Card of WBJEE/JEEMAIN (Original).
- Seat Allotment Certificate from Central Selection Committee (Original).
- Migration Certificate (Original) in case of Passed from the Board other than West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE).
- Age Proof Certificate (Birth Certificate / Madhyamik / 10thStd. Admit Card).
- Madhyamik / 10thLevel Pass Certificate and Marks Sheet / Grade Card.
- Higher Secondary / 12thStd. Pass Certificate and Marks Sheet / Grade Card.
- Medical Fitness Certificate obtained from the Medical Centre authorized by the Institute.
- Power of Glass Certificate (if applicable), not earlier than one month on the date of Admission from an Eye Specialist.
- SC/ST/OBC/PH certificate (if applicable) from the competent authority.
- Character certificate in original from the Head of the Institution last Attended (Original)